Looking Forward

 If you have ever read this blog, you will notice that a lot of my entries are no longer up. 

Someone who had been reading my stuff told me it was a bunch of lies. Of course they were referring to a post about them and because I do listen, I revisited the post to see if there was content in there that was false. 

It's hard to look at ourselves sometimes and I suppose that my writing appears to be a little one-sided, my-sided. There were a lot of allegations in the post, all to which I have experienced to be true. The only crime was the quality of the writing so thank you for the comment, it helped me as a professional. 

My life, being a chaotic storm of sorts, led me to write a lot of the content in haste. I am not speaking ill of the content but merely about the quality of my writing. If I had more time...

It is in my nature to rush things because I really want to get my feelings out while they are still vivid and fresh. Looking at my content, I realised that type of thinking is a huge flaw of mine. Apparently it gives me a license to put out shit writing. My train of thought was the reader could read around the raw content and see it's potential. 

"Hey dumb ass, that's your responsibility as the writer!", the inner monologue stated. 

In all fairness to me; I always intended to go back and polish my work, but then more work presents itself. I either put these "rants" in the bin or I put them out there in the raw. Some things should be left raw. 

I've decided that all my content needs to be of higher quality both in the grammatical sense but more importantly in the way I paint the picture. All of my writings are first drafts that have only been skimmed by the spellchecker and after going through most of my writings I was really embarrassed. 

My ADD creates a lot of content and to me it's all very very interesting but my audience may not agree. What if I polish up my picture, tighten the content, and make it a more enjoyable, smooth read? I may give the reader a chance to follow through and though they may not like the content, maybe reading it won't feel like a chore. 

Everything I have posted will come back but only when it is something that I feel good about releasing. I realised that my writing does not imitate my storytelling because it hasn't been nurtured. First drafts can't flow as freely as my tongue and the reader shouldn't be subjected to that.  

I write a lot of items that concern the human condition; my human condition. I write about how I feel, about the way I have been treated, or what I have observed and that will never change. Part of the reason I am redoing this is because I really want it to impact the reader and I know I can do better. 

With over 7 Billion people on this planet, it's amazing how we can feel our experience is so different and unique from others. During dark times this can create a feeling of isolation. But we are not alone and so I write for any others who may find my writing of interest and perhaps they can say to themselves "at least I am not this guy!". 

A lot of people have read my blog, more than I thought ever would, and some of you have even bought my book and I am sorry. :) My content deserves to be the best it can be because it's a really interesting and worthy story. When someone takes their time and money, both precious commodities in my opinion, they deserve the best of me. 

This will be the only post visible until I start releasing the polished copies of my work. In addition, I am working on a few Scripts along with other very interesting reads. I am still pumping out comedy bits as well and working on a video channel for both comedy and an informative page for a company I work with. 

Did you know that I have had over 60 jobs and counting? I'll be writing about them too!


Until then, thanks for reading and keep doing what you do.


Happy Veteran's Day to all my Vet friends. (Remember, it's not Memorial Day, it's a day to remember the living Vets)

Happy Remembrance Day to all my Canadian Friends

Merry Christmas to all my non-agnostic or non-atheist friends

Happy Kwanzaa to all my...I don't have any friends that celebrate that but Happy Kwanzaa to those that do. 

Happy Hanukkah to all my Jewish friends, and even my daughter who is a quarter Jewish. 

Happy Holidays to all those easily offended by western religious traditions.

Happy New Year to everyone!

See you next year!

Say hi on Facebook
Say hi on Youtube


Comments

Popular Posts