Light

LIGHT


We met in a fantasy, I thought your light was my destiny,
In fact it was a trap laid out for me,
Your beauty hides an invisible disease
As time drove by it was clear to me.

That your love was not love for me, It was searching for security,
While my world collapsed from underneath, you didn't flinch, wouldn't even see,
Your accusations, all hypocrisy,
Now my life, you took it all from me.

You killed my child, then took two and three,
The fourth one lived, but you use for leveraging,
My heart is broken, but you're not done with me,
Attacking my soul, a fire you're extinguishing.

Although I am weak, know that it’s temporary,
You cut my limbs, set fire with gasoline,
But there's more, so much you cannot see,
The power you took, there's a bit left inside of me.

Stronger each day the sun sets on the sea,
Rebuilding mind, I am here for eternity,
My daughter you took, she is my destiny,
Behind these bars, my tranquility.

A time to heal, then she'll be back with me,
The truth revealed, for the whole world to see,
All will know with crystal clarity,
The tools you used corrupt, my ammunition's clean.

Truth be told, you meant the world to me,
But you used my soul, abused me empathy,
Now that's all but gone, replaced with animosity,
I let you in, obligingly.


Now forever out, the way it has to be,
Your time is near, false sense of security,
You're the dark shadow in my nightmare alley,
She is the light and she's always with me.

Comments

Popular Posts