Consciousness

A friend once told me that Abundance comes from within

Always in Love

"Consciousness"

Lying down in this body of darkness
I lay still and listen to my breath
I have created my emptiness
Sometimes I feared it worse than death

I take my heavy body and rise to my feet
Every bit of strength to do so
Using the one to accomplish this feat
Glowing red inside me I now know

There is a light around me, but I can barely see
Something familiar within, I turn around
A presence I need is that which eludes me,
All that I ever lost is soon to be found

My eyes still closed, I can feel the light burn
I ignore the second for it was misleading
Powerful emotion but uncontrolled notion
The diversion guided me to what I needed

Take a deep breath, bring it all in
The strength I need comes in the three
I fill with the energy that helps me begin
My eyes still closed since I am not ready to see

Outside looking in, you can see a man standing
In the darkness a light bursting from his soul
He confronts all that destroys him, his understanding
Hope, Peace, Tranquility, Serenity, all and his goal

It is the fourth that was hard to keep true
The green off balance and unfair to all
He knew not these things that brought him through
It was lessons taught, she didn't let him fall

Hard for her this journey was, unfair and unjust
A contract perhaps, but hard to comprehend
Our tears soon gave way like metal to rust
Often it is hard to start when you first must end

Upright tall, the light shining bright,
Standing strong, confident on the journey
The fifth is awake now, the silence is light
It is openly given and forgiveness is clarity

Enveloped in visions of what should have been
Created fantasy? Perhaps a chance to live
Unrealistic reality, Moved too fast to be seen
Slow down, and stop! Take time to give

Learning what it all is, sometimes to late
Visions of planets the gods and the moon
The sixth tells me I am doing, is this my fate?
Why am I here, am I talking to soon?

Remember the laughter, remember the tears
There are lessons in both and all the emotion
Nothing to do but to move on in years
Wisdom is gained, to apply must be done

It was her that brought me toward it
It was her love and her contract, and first I said no
Not aware of what she was giving
The seventh is what I sought, but did not know

So now I am arriving, alone to my destination
The questions are plenty, do I seek to ask more
It was her that gave the interpretation
Should she show me to the door?

I think her path has been trodden, I am not there
She showed me through seven
Awake and aware now, the tools I possess
I seek to move forward,

I thank you for consciousness
March - 6 – 2008

Comments

Popular Posts